MySafe:Riverside is delivering wildfire education and awareness to homeowners and residents in Riverside County. Let’s be better prepared for wildfires.
Be Part of the Wildfire Solution
MySafe:Riverside is working with homeowners and residents – people just like you – to share important preparation and survival tactics related to the threat from wildfires. This new program will build confidence, reduce risk, and prepare Homeowner’s Associations to become either NFPA Firewise USA sites, and/or California Fire Safe Councils. We’re focusing on three key components:
The Riverside Wildfire Alliance
What Residents Will Learn
- How to create your own wildfire safety committee
- Why “rebuilding” actually starts before a wildfire occurs
- Training in CPR, Evacuation, Sheltering in Place, Resilience
- Roles and Responsibilities (you and first responders)
- Looking beyond “Ready, Set, Go”
- The Best tools to secure your family’s safety
- Avoiding the “worst place” you can be in a wildfire
- Assisting with developing an NFPA Firewise USA site
- Assisting with becoming a California Fire Safe Council
Let Us Help You Prepare
It’s easy to become confused about wildfire – there’s so much information and much of it is highly technical. Understanding home hardening, escape planning, sheltering in place vs evacuating, and so much more is essential for anyone living in the Wildland Urban Interface, or WUI. If you’re interested in a collaboration, we’d like to hear from you.
The Threat Is Real
At some point, a wildfire breaks out – terrain or wind-driven, and without proper preparation, their home is damaged or destroyed. “I can’t believe this happened to me,” is a common refrain.
Wildfire season is now year round.
According to a recent report from the First Street Foundation, Riverside County has the most properties at risk of being burned in a wildfire in the entire United States. That means more than 700,000 properties are at risk.